Technical Architect (Remote)
United States /
Delivery Practice – Other /
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Partners with and becomes a knowledge expert across the organization to solve complex business problems, and form and test hypotheses using a wide array of skills
- Provides a consultative approach with business users, asking questions to understand the business need and determining the platform and products underpinning technology components based on those needs
- Architect platform and product solutions that align with Nexient engineering or delivery capabilities, which include but are not limited to: DevOps, Full Stack (.NET or Java), Front-End Frameworks (React, Vue, React-Native, Angular, etc.), AI and Data Analytics, Security
- Quality Engineering
- Assessing and recommending cloud provider services (AWS, Google, Microsoft, etc.)
- Clear understanding and communication of modern architecture (i.e. microservices, api, cloud-native, and headless (micro front-ends)
- Gathering, reviewing of business (use case / user experience ) objectives and interpretation into technical requirements
- Responsible for evaluating and recommending technical products (SaaS Solutions, Cloud Provider Services) and communication of best practices for those tools and activities to improve effectiveness and quality
- Identify delivery risk due to integration and definition of technical architecture or spikes, backlog to mitigate such risks
- Definition and prioritization of product non-functional requirements
- Capture and communication of investment costs (one-time, ongoing) for technology products and services
- Organizes tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established departmental procedures.
- Collaborate closely with Nexient practice area leadership during strategy and consulting engagements
- Assist developers in application architecture and resolving technical issues with integration architecture or operations architecture
- Align with team DevOps leadership on technology and tools for delivery
- Provides delivery support in the design, deployment of the product/solution architecture
- Engage and collaborate with client Enterprise Architecture, Architecture Review Boards and Delivery Organizations to align technology recommendations to enterprise standards
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, physics, math, engineering, or economics. Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing large scale platforms and products that contain a variety of technology products in integration architecture, development architecture, execution architecture (infrastructure, application, data) and operations architecture
- Ability to constructively resolve conflict, manage expectations for competing priorities, and drive towards business goals; providing leadership in product delivery teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
- Deep understanding in one domain that aligns to Nexient practice areas (Front-End Design, [LJ1] DevOps (DevSecOps), Security, .NET, Java, Operations, Cloud Services, Salesforce, etc.)
- Broad experience in executing technology recommendations across the landscape of platform and services (infrastructure, development and test, application, data, security, operations)
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, etc., as well as scripting and configuration management; Ability to apply application architecture patterns (e.g. Strangular)
- Experience in database technologies and information/data architecture
- Experience working in public cloud environments like AWS and understanding tools/techniques for data ingestion and analytics such as Glue, Kinesis, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Step Functions, Redshift, Postgres
- Experience in DevOps, using continuous integration and continuous development (we use Jenkins, Nexus, Git), automation of testing data and transformations, and cloud-native designs and tools, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with decoupled architectures, realtime or near-realtime event/data streaming, enterprise integration and common messaging patterns, as well as workflow management technologies such as Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
- Experience implementing monitoring, quality assurance, data validation processes in a relational and big data environment (metrics-driven reliability and performance)
- Expertise in security best practices, especially in a cloud or hybrid setting, including data access controls and tools, auditing, encryption/securing data at rest and in transit, privacy/anonymization constraints, etc.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to interpret business requirements to formulate technical solutions and to decide among competing technical solutions
#LI-Remote #Launch #LaunchEngineering
About NTT DATA Services NTT Data Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85% of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.