United States /
Delivery Practice – DevSecOps /
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
General Technical Expertise
- Expert in architecture of those tools and different approaches
- Expert in public cloud adoption, setup, and ongoing support
- Expert in private cloud setup and on going support
- Expert in application orchestration from code to include best patterns
- Expert in advance authentication technologies (federated auth, SSO)
- Expert in monitoring, logging, and metric aggregation
- Fluent in Agile practices
- Fluent in consumption of serverless, lambdas, and step function
- Fluent in consumption of message queues, key value stores, and systems of record
- Fluent in DevOps principles and pattern
Technical Skills Required
- Advanced coding/scripting (mixins, OOP, concurrency, …)
- Python, Ruby, Bash or Powershell preferred
- Networking (security, advanced DNS, VPN, Cloud, load balancing)
- System admin (security, multiple OS): understands permissions/security, kernel services and organization of file structure and best practices
- Any public cloud platform experience (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Kubernetes, tools and approaches related to monitoring/logging, cloud expert
- Can autonomously contribute to cloud and application orchestration code and actively involved in peer reviews
- Can deploy and manage the common tools we use (Jenkins, monitoring, logging, SCM, etc) from code
- Advance networking (tcpdump, network flow security analysis, can collect and understand metric between microservices)
- Some sense of advance authentication technologies (federated auth, SSO)
- Able to design and create environments and infrastructure systems autonomously
- Able to design and create orchestration and monitoring systems of serverless, lambdas, step functions, message queues, key value stores, and systems of record autonomously
- Able to lead a Site Reliability Engineering practice
- Can manage multiple resources at a single client
- Can manage scrum if needed
Client Management and Growth
- Is very affluent in DevOps Theory and it's application
- Is capable of supporting consulting engagements
- Is capable of leading engineers by example as a practitioner
- Excellent soft skills and ability to coordinate with multiple intracompany groups derived from a spectrum of disciplines in order to facilitate decisions and move cross functional project forward
- Identifies personnel needs and gaps of the client
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.