Senior Software Engineer/Architect
New York, NY
Next Caller is seeking a senior software engineer. You will have the opportunity to work on innovative products and with numerous technologies, including microservices, machine learning, telecommunications, and more. As a senior engineer you will be responsible for architecting and implementing complete microservice-based solutions. This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Work with other engineers and stakeholders to create innovative and effective solutions to real-world problems.
- Prototype and develop parts of the solutions.
- Perform research for future enhancements and new products/solutions.
- Experience architecting and implementing complex software
- Ability to design highly available and scalable solutions
- Good understanding of best practices
- Expert level Python skills (asyncio a plus)
- Comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of the North American telecommunications network
- Familiar with SIP and SS7 protocols
- Experience with machine learning and big data
- Can work effectively with a distributed team
- Positive attitude and drive to solve tough problems a must
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health & Vision benefits
- Flexible working hours (set your own schedule, with options to work from home)
- Flexible vacation time
- Fun working environment where you are valued from the beginning
- Leadership to train you well, but not micro-manage you into oblivion
- Frequent company social gatherings (we love the NYC nightlife and even random trips to Vegas)
About Next Caller
Next Caller is a Y Combinator and Venture Capital backed technology company. Our mission is to improve the interaction between businesses and their customers over the phone. By leveraging the largest database in the US that links telephone numbers to customer information, businesses use Next Caller to improve customer service and lead generation, while dramatically reducing their internal operating costs. Our team is comprised of highly motivated individuals that come from diverse and highly successful backgrounds. We are still small, so if you want an opportunity to learn, grow, and earn an impressive paycheck at an early stage, look no further. Your opinions and your role within the organization will be taken seriously, and we expect that you will help to shape the future of the company.