Creative Lead Foresight and Strategy
San Francisco, CA
Innovation Design Team
We're seeking an exceptional visionary Design Strategist to join our NextEV Innovation Design team.
A strategic thought leader who feels comfortable at the intersection of a future facing cross functional team.
Due to the novelty of both the company and the role, this creative should be very comfortable venturing into the ambiguous and the unknown. As a Design Researcher/ Innovation Strategist you will be at the forefront of these efforts and be directly responsible for decisions to form all of our innovations and visions. You will be part of an international, cross-disciplinary design team located in downtown San Francisco.
We are looking forward to you join this fantastic adventure.
- Being a visionary design thinker
- Being bold to attempt something that hasn’t been done before
- Provoke disruptive innovation
- Being part of creating a culture that embraces innovation and pushes boundaries
- Being a core member of the innovation design community
- Defining opportunity spaces to create meaningful experiences through the design of physical and digital offerings
- Getting stuff done
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Design Research/Strategy
- Strong skills in interpreting socio-cultural trends into future scenarios and strategic implementation
- High comfort to select appropriate research methodologies and conducted studies (contextual inquiry, surveys, interviews, field studies, heuristic evaluation)
- Ability to synthesize research findings and to uncover and articulate insights that will inform and inspire design
- Appetite for experimentation, high degree of rigor, but also creative and open to experimentation in their approach and methodology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and storytelling skills
- Fluency and confidence in inspiring teammates
- High comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- Strong skills in strategic workshop facilitation and analysis
- An advanced degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, User Experience Design, Industrial Design, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
About NEXTEV USA, Inc.
Our goal is to create a different user experience on a full range of increasingly accessible electric cars. NEXTEV USA, in San Jose, researches and designs EVs. Our product is a connected vehicle - engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle.
NEXTEV USA is intent on hiring and developing great talent for all disciplines. We have a non-conventional, collaborative, automotive product development philosophy with technical contribution at all levels.
You are expected to be challenged, to create and innovate. You must have a genuine passion for building the most connected vehicles in the world.
NextEV USA is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.