Game Developer Trainee Program
Next Games /
Are you a student of Computer Science, (Business) Information Technology, or a similar degree with a focus on game development, or a more experienced programmer and looking to get into the games industry and become a pro game developer? Look no further! Next Games Game Developer Academy is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn how to make mobile games and become a pro in using the tools of the trade.
Next Games specializes in creating games based on popular entertainment franchises, such as movies, TV series or books. We have published two critically acclaimed The Walking Dead games, Our World and No Man’s Land and currently work on games based on Stranger Things and Blade Runner among other things.
Who is the program for:
- Students of Computer Science, (Business) Information Technology or equivalent, ideally with a focus on game development.
- More experienced programmers who are looking to get into the games industry.
What can you expect:
- Six-month program and after graduating the opportunity to secure a permanent position at Next Games. The program kicks off in September 2021.
- Phase 1: Focus on learning the basics of game development at Next Games through training and hands-on prototyping on Unity and our internal tools and SDKs. The program will additionally include the basics of game production, design, marketing, player support and analytics.
- Phase 2: You will be invited to join a live game team, to continue your learning and put your skills into action and make an impact on the game in a live environment. You will be provided with on-going support and mentorship.
- We do not start from the basics of programming so you should have a good knowledge of C#. Making games is teamwork, so we are looking for team players with a passion for mobile games and good written and spoken English skills.
How to apply:
- CV: Please add all relevant work experience, including voluntary work and participation in game communities (e.g., game jams, indie projects, study projects).
- Answer the questions on the application form. Feel free to use the “Additional Information” box if there’s anything you’d like to add.
- Please provide a code sample or a personal project in GitHub. Please include a Readme file that explains what this project is about. Also describe your role in the project, what you personally learned from it, and why you think this particular code sample demonstrates the highlight of your skillset.
- Your latest graduation papers if they are less than 4 years old.
- Application deadline is 8th of August 2021. Interviews will be conducted in August. The program starts in September 2021.
- You will start on a 2 months fixed-term contract for Phase 1, and those invited to join a live game will receive another fixed-term contract for Phase 2 (4 months).
- During your time in the Game Developer Academy program (2 or 6 months) you will earn a monthly salary of EUR 1600.
- After graduation, some Academy students may be offered a permanent contract. Hiring decisions depend on individual performance of each student and current recruitment needs at Next Games.
Don’t let this opportunity slide, apply today!