How do you value two major Hollywood Game contracts against each other? What’s the potential value of a product that hasn’t been launched? How do calculate the incremental value after a sales event, and what performance level to team size constitutes a successful game? What payback times should a marketing campaign have, and is absolute return or ROI% more important under which conditions?
Did we get your attention? If you are excited to work on answering these questions and a multitude of more, then look no further!
We are looking for a mobile F2P loving, growth minded finance professional to take on the next big challenge:
As our Business Controller you will be in a key role as to oversee the business and shares responsibility for the organization’s economic and financial performance. You play a key role in driving profitable growth and expansion of the current business.
You’re eager to tackle challenges head-on and enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You own an analytical mind-set and have the ability to recommend, design and implement overall business plans in conjunction with financial targets.
You should enjoy working independently but hopefully you are no stranger to teamwork.
You will get to work with around 100 friendly and talented games professionals in our amazing office in the centre of Helsinki, and you’ll report to CFO as her right hand person. We offer you a leading position in the team and an amazing opportunity to grow and learn through working for a listed company on Nasdaq First North.
This is what you will get to work on:
- Work closely with our Executive Game Producers to advise and implement the most profitable scenarios for game development
- Advise on budget creation by using financial analysis and forecasting to design and oversee the successful execution of plans to meet set targets
- Conduct ongoing and regular financial analysis for internal stakeholders
- Identifying and managing financial opportunity, work on risk - reward calculations
- Conduct both financial and general market research as well as competition benchmarking
- Work closely with our Business Intelligence department in performing economic and sales forecasting, analyzing games sales and overall performance in terms of profitability, and managing financial data.
- Use your findings to present to management and drive decision-making at the executive level
- Evaluating potential M&A transactions, conduct and participate in due diligence
- Conduct deal analysis and deal comparison to calculate highest risk-return reward in an environment with multiple opportunities and restricted resource
- Conduct basic valuations, NPV and DCF, FCF analysis
As an ideal candidate, your experience and skills could include:
- Relevant academic degree, MBA, M.Sc. Economics preferred, with Finance or Economics major
- +3 years of relevant work experience e.g. management consulting, banking, corporate finance, working as an analyst or equivalent
- Strong project management skills and presentation (ppt) skills
- Strong Data visualization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with Finnish as a plus
- Ability to drive change initiatives independently.
- Strong quantitative abilities combined with Leadership skills and a way to make numbers make sense
- Innovator, solutions oriented person
- A fair team player with can do attitude, service mind-set and customer focus
A background working for a gaming company, and familiarity with industry KPI’s and finance processes is a big plus, but a passion for games is a necessity.
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into work with diverse tasks. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture and you will get to work with great colleagues from different backgrounds. With us, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop yourself professionally – and have fun while doing it.
Here at Next Games are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high, and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request as soon as possible.