Director/Sr. Manager of Finance
Los Angeles, CA
Are you ready to revolutionize a trillion dollar global industry? Do you believe that B2B software should focus on the individual and not feel so corporate? Are you looking for a team that values your ideas and emphasizes collaboration?
Join NexTravel’s team to challenge the travel industry stasis, which is fraught with hidden fees, cancellations, delays, expense reports, and time away from families, not to mention a logistical, financial and accounting nightmare for companies.
We’re reimagining business travel by leveraging the latest technology to disrupt a decades-old infrastructure. As a result, the most innovative companies around the world rely on us to make business travel a dream.
Shall we make the connection?
We're looking for a strategic, highly quantitative, hands-on Director/Sr. Manager of Finance. This role will be the first in-house finance hire. This role will be responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting, including financial strategy, accounting, financial planning and budgeting, financial infrastructure, investor management, and board communications. This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the COO.
- Oversee accurate accounting, reporting, taxes and compliance: Manage accounting processes to complete monthly close and reporting; Manage all tax reporting. Work with external partners/firms to ensure timely completion of annual tax return and other filings; Develop strategy and build system to support recent changes in GAAP rules, specifically with SaaS revenue recognition and expenses
- Support financial planning and budgeting: Develop and support internal planning and budgeting process, working across all functional areas; Develop tools, processes and communication touch-points to support transparency and empower smart and quick decisions across and within the team
- Shape company strategy: Work closely with the executive team to evolve overall strategy and evaluate risks and strategic scenarios
- Scale finance infrastructure, including systems, tools, and processes: Will oversee moving to new finance system as the company grows; Own relationship with vendors and partners
- Investor relations and corporate governance: Support investor and stakeholder communications, including investor reporting, Board communications and cap table management
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance management experience, preferably in a software/SaaS pre-IPO or public company environment
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required; CPA is a plus
- Deep understanding of GAAP and overall accounting principles, FP&A, budgeting, financial modeling, financial reporting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with QuickBooks and other digitally oriented SAAS and cloud environments like Bill.com, Netsuite or similar products
- Experience working in the travel industry