Full-Stack Engineer (Los Angeles, CA)
Los Angeles, CA
Are you ready to revolutionize a trillion dollar global industry? Do you believe that B2B software should focus on the individual and not feel so corporate? Are you looking for a team that values your ideas and emphasizes collaboration?
Join NexTravel’s team to challenge the travel industry stasis, which is fraught with hidden fees, cancellations, delays, expense reports, and time away from families, not to mention a logistical, financial and accounting nightmare for companies.
We’re reimagining business travel by leveraging the latest technology to disrupt a decades-old infrastructure. As a result, the most innovative companies around the world rely on us to make business travel a dream.
Shall we make the connection?
Who You Are
A full stack engineer who can skillfully navigate between the front-end and backend. Someone who's not afraid to take ownership of tough engineering problems and knows when to ask for other people's input. A quality-driven engineer who emphasizes testing and scalable architecture. An individual who can thrive in a fast growing startup environment.
- Change the way people book travel
- Participate in all parts of the product lifecycle (brainstorming, design, planning, execution, and shipping)
- Build libraries and frameworks that support our travel platform
- Leverage millions of data points to build business travel intelligence tools
- Optimize web app to maximize speed and scale
- Integrate 3rd party APIs to expand our platform capabilities
- 2+ years of work experience on an engineering team
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience with React is a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture is a plus
- An obsession for clean and testable code
- Ability to collaborate with others to tackle tough problems
- Authorization to work in the US. We do not sponsor work visas currently
- Computer Science degree is a plus
Technologies we use
- React / Redux
- PHP / MySQL
- AWS / EC2 / S3 / RDS
- Microservices Architecture
- Competitive salary and equity compensations
- Unlimited PTO
- Awesome travel perks like Lyft credits
- Usual perks like insurances, snacks, LaCroix, and more
- An opportunity to be an early employee in a fast growing startup, to thrive and have a ton of fun!