Los Angeles, CA
NexTravel empowers businesses to have true ownership over the employee end-to-end booking experience. By providing simple and transparent solutions for our clients to set travel policies, track spend, and build in-depth reports, our clients can enjoy business travel without the complexities, hidden costs and time-consuming manual requirements.
NexTravel is dedicated to providing easy and flexible solutions so our clients can travel smarter.
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and launching new products across NexTravel’s platform solutions. The Product Manager will ensure our line of products continue to advance the company’s KPIs and overall vision. In this position, you will contribute to the building of scalable, successful products that directly improve the experience of our customers.
- Develop and manage the product roadmap
- Define and communicate product plans from conception to launch
- Build a deep understanding of our users through a data-driven approach including market research, customer interviews, and usage studies
- Work closely with marketing and engineering teams to understand business performance and key opportunities
- Implement processes that both improve quality and speed of the development process
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Prioritizing features based on business impact and available resources
- Ensure new product features and updates are delivered reliably, efficiently, and to full specifications
- Contribute to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions
- 2+ years’ experience working as Product Manager in a Start-up or a medium-size SaaS company
- Strong understanding of user retention, engagement and monetization drivers
- Strong knowledge of customer behaviors
- Highly skilled in creating user stories that match company KPIs
- History of building and grooming tactical product roadmaps
- Strong knowledge of technology stacks
- Deeply analytical mindset and metric driven
- A technical background is beneficial but not a must
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- The ability to question, understand and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities.
- Experience working in the travel industry