VP of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Creative work happens when we step away from our keyboard and experience the world. But travel is difficult, especially business travel, which is fraught with cancelations, delays, expense reports, and time away from families. Not to mention a logistical, financial and accounting nightmare for companies.
We’re reimagining how business travel works by creating a company focused on the traveler. Businesses like Stripe, Digital Ocean, Toast, and Triplebyte rely on us to make business travel a dream. NexTravel is processing millions of dollars in bookings every month and growing 30% month over month.
Shall we make the connection?
You want to build an industry-changing product with the best of modern web technologies. You are a hands-on and mission-driven engineering leader with a strong vision for our in-house and distributed engineering teams. Like in any fast-growing startup, you love a good challenge, dream big, get stuff done, and know how to have fun.
- Partner with the CEO and CTO to create an exciting and supportive team culture
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates from product, sales, marketing, and customer success to create a world-class product
- Work closely with the Head of Product to create a roadmap integrating both product releases and technical projects
- Drive architectural decisions and provide technical guidance
- Establish engineering best practices to maintain a scalable and clean code base
- Lead by example: contribute high-quality code and set code review standards
- Track engineering velocity, report sprint progress and provide estimates to drive timely product releases
- Set and track goals, coach and inspire engineers to promote professional growth and cultivate high engagement
- Recruit outstanding technical talent to build high performing in-house and distributed teams
- 4+ years of experience in engineering management
- Track record of recruiting and building world-class in-house and distributed software teams
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Humility and the ability to step back and speak openly about mistakes
- Mastery of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and enterprise software architecture
- Expertise in engineering best practices (Git, CI, TDD, QA, Automation Tests)
- Fluency in full-stack web development using modern frameworks such as React
- Experience developing, documenting, and managing public APIs
Technologies we use
- We are not religious about languages and tools
- PHP / Node / Python
- React / Bootstrap / HTML / CSS
- AWS / EC2 / S3 / RDS