Head of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Love to Travel? We do too.
Creative work happens when we experience the world away from our keyboard. But travel is difficult, especially business travel, which is fraught with cancelations, delays, expense reports, and time away from families. Not to mention a logistical, financial and accounting nightmare for companies.
We’re reimagining how business travel works by creating a company focused on the traveler. Businesses like Stripe, Digital Ocean, Toast and Triplebyte rely on us to make business travel a dream. NexTravel is already processing millions of dollars in bookings every month and growing 30% month over month.
Shall we make the connection?
You are someone with a proven track record of hiring stellar teams. As the driving force behind managing and scaling our engineering team, you'll be responsible for building the team and inspiring our engineers, guiding this hand-selected group towards successful execution on both the technology and the company vision. Like in any startup, you love a good challenge, dream big, get shit done, and know how to have fun.
- Architect the core of our product
- Help guide technical design and direction
- Help out in hiring and growing the company
- Optimize web app to maximize speed and scale
- Design and develop our travel API
- Create data analysis and reporting tools
- Built and launched full stack web products
- Passion and interest in web technology and pushing to change the status quo
- Ability to be resourceful and find the best solution that gets the job done
- Comfort with a startup's lack of structure and quick pace
Technologies we use
- We are not religious about languages and tools
- PHP / Node / Python
- jQuery / React / Bootstrap / HTML / CSS
- AWS / EC2 / S3 / RDS