Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Love to Travel? We do too.
We believe travel inspires a connection because creative work happens when we experience the world away from our keyboard.
But, travel is difficult and especially so for business travelers, which is fraught with cancelations, delays, expense reports, and time away from families. Not to mention a logistical, financial and accounting nightmare for companies.
We’re reimagining how business travel works by creating a company focused on the traveler. Businesses like Lyft, Twilio, Stripe and Triplebyte rely on us to make business travel a dream. NexTravel is already processing millions of dollars in bookings every month and growing 30% month over month.
Shall we make the connection?
We're looking for a full stack engineer to help build new application features, scale our backend systems, and grow into a senior leader on our engineering team. As an early engineer, you'll be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup. You'll learn the ins and outs of scaling a product people love while building a billion dollar company. This means you love a good challenge, dream big, get shit done, and know how to have fun.
- Change the way people book travel online
- Be involved with all parts of the product lifecycle (brainstorming, design, planning, execution, and shipping)
- Design and develop features for booking and managing travel
- Design and develop our travel API
- Create data analysis and reporting tools
- Optimize web app to maximize speed and scale
- Build libraries and frameworks that support our booking platform
- Integrate with 3rd party platforms
- Ability to work independently and be responsible for multiple projects
- Desire to constantly learn, grow, and develop
- Ability to work well with others to collaborate on tough problems
- A mind for writing clean and testable code
- Comfort with a startup's lack of structure and quick pace
Technologies we use
- We are not religious about languages and tools
- PHP / Node / Python
- jQuery / React / Bootstrap / HTML / CSS
- AWS / EC2 / S3 / RDS