Snap Storytelling Academy 2023
Los Angeles, CA /
Snap Storytelling Academy /
The Snap Academies are nine week, summer educational programs for community college students hosted by Snap Inc., the makers of Snapchat. If accepted, you’ll get the opportunity to:
+ Learn from Snap Inc. team members
+ Participate in guest speaker sessions and interactive workshops with Snap team members
+ Connect one-on-one with Snap mentors
+ Develop a portfolio and network
+ Refine your professional skills
+ Receive an academy scholarship to develop your skills!
+ Designed for community college (or recent transfer) students
+ Spend Monday - Friday learning from June 16, 2023 to August 16, 2023
+ Snap Storytelling Academy is held in-person at the Snap Offices in Santa Monica, CA
+ 15 Scholars per Snap Academy
Our Snap Storytelling Academy is looking to build a cohort of 15 aspirational students with solid professional experience in written and verbal communication tasks. Experience or exposure to conducting customer and market research, defining brand strategy, conducting a marketing campaign, or producing internal/external communications is a huge plus. This academy will provide scholars with the opportunity to participate in custom, technical workshops, fireside chats, and receive mentorship from Snap Inc. team members.
If you’re passionate about learning, then we’re talking to you!
What you'll do:
- Identify target audience, appropriate channels, and measurable outcomes
- Execute plan through use of Project Management tool
- Create a novel customer experience that brings a brand to life
- Produce an event with measurable results e.g. increase page views, acquisitions, etc.
- Make recommendations for the market strategy based on data
- Serve as a Snap Academy ambassador for future cohorts!
Our ideal Academy Scholar cohort member is:
- 18 years of age or older
- Aligned with Snap Inc.’s mission, values and voice. Learn more at www.snap.com
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Open to sharing examples of their marketing, communications, and/or branding work
- Passionate about learning with a growth-oriented mindset
- A curious mind that loves to ask questions while understanding the value of deep listening
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience or exposure to conducting customer and market research, defining a brand strategy, conducting a marketing campaign, or producing internal/external communications
- Passion for telling engaging stories that people love
- Natural ability to draw people in because of the persuasive ideas you are presenting
- Positioned yourself as the go-to friend for insights about new tech products