Snap Engineering Academy 2023
Los Angeles, CA /
Snap Engineering Academy /
The Snap Academies are nine week, summer educational programs for community college students hosted by Snap Inc., the makers of Snapchat. If accepted, you’ll get the opportunity to:
+ Learn from Snap Inc. team members
+ Participate in guest speaker sessions and interactive workshops with Snap team members
+ Connect one-on-one with Snap mentors
+ Develop a portfolio and network
+ Refine your professional skills
+ Receive an academy scholarship to develop your skills!
+ Designed for community college (or recent transfer) students
+ Spend Monday - Friday learning from June 20, 2023 to August 16, 2023
+ Snap Engineering Academy is held in-person at the Snap Offices in Santa Monica, CA
+ 15 Scholars per Snap Academy
Our Snap Engineering Academy is looking to build a cohort of 15 aspirational students with solid professional experience in HTML, CSS and computer science fundamentals in the form of on-the-job experience, coursework, or online courses. Experience or exposure to data structures, algorithms, mobile development, game development and AR/VR is a huge plus. This academy will provide scholars with the opportunity to participate in custom, technical workshops, fireside chats, and receive mentorship from Snap Inc. team members.
If you’re passionate about learning, then we’re talking to you!
What you'll do:
- Learn the basics of programming with React to create a new React Navite mobile app
- Use React Native to create / manage views, UI components, and state
- Import and use external libraries/frameworks/APIs
- Explain database models and SQL vs. NoSQL database.
- Serve as a Snap Academy ambassador for future cohorts!
Our ideal Academy Scholar cohort member is:
- 18 years of age or older
- Aligned with Snap Inc.’s mission, values and voice. Learn more at www.snap.com
- Experienced with HTML and CSS
- Experienced in computer science fundamentals in the form of on-the-job experience, coursework, and/or online courses
- Open to sharing examples of their technical skills (including but not limited to a personal portfolio, GitHub, etc.)
- Enthusiastic about furthering their communication skills
- Passionate about learning with a growth-oriented mindset
- A curious mind that loves to ask questions while understanding the value of deep listening
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience or exposure to data structures and algorithms
- Experience with mobile development, game development and AR/VR
- Experience using Python, Java, C++, or web development