Snap Lens Academy 2023
Snap Lens Academy /
The Snap Academies are nine week, summer educational programs for community college students hosted by Snap Inc., the makers of Snapchat. If accepted, you’ll get the opportunity to:
+ Learn from Snap Inc. team members
+ Participate in guest speaker sessions and interactive workshops with Snap team members
+ Connect one-on-one with Snap mentors
+ Develop a portfolio and network
+ Refine your professional skills
+ Receive an academy scholarship to develop your skills!
+ Designed for community college (or recent transfer) students
+ Spend Monday - Friday learning from June 20, 2023 to August 16, 2023
+ Snap Lens Academy is held virtually via Zoom
+ 15 Scholars per Snap Academy
If you’re passionate about learning, then we’re talking to you!
What you'll do:
- Use core Lens Studio capabilities to make your Lens concepts into reality
- Prepare assets (2D, 3D, audio, multimedia) for import into Lens Studio in the appropriate format and accompanying software (Illustrator, Blender, etc.)
- Incorporate the design thinking process to plan and iterate the Lens experience from the user’s perspective
- Articulate your own creative artistic expression, its relationship to technical execution, and the inherent tension between expression and execution
- Serve as a Snap Academy ambassador for future cohorts!
Our ideal Academy Scholar cohort member is:
- 18 years of age or older
- Aligned with Snap Inc.’s mission, values and voice. Learn more at www.snap.com
- Demonstrates expertise with at least one 2D design software (Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Procreate, Inkscape, etc.)
- Open to sharing examples of their creative designs (including but not limited to illustrations, 2D and 3D assets, Snap Lenses, graphics, mock-ups, videos, etc.)
- A creative with a passion for design and augmented reality
- Enthusiastic about furthering their communication skills
- Passionate about learning with a growth-oriented mindset
- A curious mind that loves to ask questions while understanding the value of deep listening
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience with 3D design software (Maya, Blender, Qlone, SolidWorks, Unity, etc.
- Experience with or exposure to interactive elements in design through coursework, job settings, personal projects, or online courses