A group of like-minded folks is building a computer in a garage in northern California.
The computer costs $9 and they need to make A LOT of them.
They need your help.
A sort-of choose your own adventure thing. You'll be working closely with
the whole Next Thing Co. team to design, prototype, and build products for
people a lot like you. Your work will be used by hundreds of thousands of
people and won't live on a shelf.
- Enjoy C
- Be Wizard-level at Google/DDG
- Play nice with groups but know when to lone-wolf
- Willing to argue the merits of C++ 11 vs 14 then forget the whole argument and just use ANSI C
- Use GIT and only get confused some of the time
- Not be scared of the command line
- Know/be willing to learn embedded linux
Some of the things we do:
- Linux kernel hacking/patching/upstreaming
- Driver development
- U-boot hacking/patching/upstreaming
- Debian packaging and hosting
- Build developer tools/SDKs/Tutorials
- Build and play with tons of Linux powered toys
We have customers in 97 countries and need people who can serve them all. People who identify with, and are committed to all types of diversity (women, people of color, LGBTQQI, allies, etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply. Also, no assholes. Srsly.