A group of like-minded folks is building a computer in a garage in Oakland, California.
The computer costs $9 and they need to make A LOT of them.
They're also making products such as PocketCHIP and OTTO.
They need your help.
A sort-of choose your own adventure thing. You'll be working closely with
the whole Next Thing Co. team to design, prototype, and build products for
people a lot like you. Your work will be used by hundreds of thousands of
people and won't live on a shelf.
- Enjoy Solidworks to the extent that you've used it to accomplish something absurd
- Wonder why cars keep getting uglier
- Work well in groups but understand that design is not done by committee and be OK with this contradiction
- Have strong feelings about pencils, their weight, balance and texture
- Prototype early and often
- Think 3d printing is over-rated and over-priced, but pretty alright if the CNC mill is busy or too slow
- Hate acronyms but spend your days with DFM,PLM, and PDM
- Know the difference between shitty and cheap
- Have a love/hate thing with most things
We have customers in 97 countries and need people who can serve them all. People who identify with, and are committed to all types of diversity (women, people of color, LGBTQQI, allies, etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply. Also, no assholes. Srsly.