Data Scientist - Marketplace
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Data Engineering
Our Data Science team is looking to explore the logistics space in a cross functional inter-disciplinary way. We are looking for scientists who enjoy collaborating with their peers across the organization, can do a deep exploration of the problem space, identify opportunities and shortcomings (solutions and data), and possibly even drive the solutions. Trust and relationship building will be a foundational element to success as these roles are very visible within the organization.
If you are interested in learning about logistics and find the following challenges interesting and exciting:
• Finding efficiencies within our marketplace
• Provide data driven guidelines
• Drive success as measured by team KPI's
• Drive meaningful product changes in a cross-disciplinary fashion such as increased marketplace match rate
• Identify and execute changes to our data systems that will allow the team to do higher leverage work, such as:
Identify, communicate, and resolve data hygiene issues
Build interpretable canonical data tables and maintainable data pipelines
• Build tooling, such as python/R packages and functions, tests and alerts on pipelines, and report automation
• Identify and prototype potential Machine Learning opportunities and contribute to the overall Machine Learning strategies.
• Setting up initial datasets with pipelines and feature transformations
• Create model training harness(es), including train/test splits
• Calculate model metrics that connect to business outcomes
We ask that you have:
• Experience applying statistical concepts to analysis
• General understanding of sample size and when differences are meaningful
• Done an analysis in a domain to a point where you have a deep and rigorous understanding of the dynamics in that space
We want to hear from you if you have the curiosity and follow through to become one of the most knowledgeable people in logistics.
Next Trucking Benefits
Competitive Base Salary and Equity
Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
401K w/ company match
Vacation and Holidays.
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $900B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $125M led by Sequoia Capital and Brookfield Venture Capital.
We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Google, C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe.