Dispatcher - Drayage (Night Shift)
Operations – Drayage
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As the Drayage Dispatcher you’ll ensure the timely and proper delivery of Containers. You’ll work with asset and Owner Operator drivers to deliver loads and coordinate with Customer Success Representatives on any exceptions. Maintaining accurate data, tracking and tracing loads using mobile application and GPS data, maximizing driver satisfaction and efficiency is a priority for you.
What You'll Do
- Assign drivers to loads according to delivery plans in order to maximize efficiency, customer satisfaction and driver opportunity
- Manage delivery exceptions to speedy resolution
- Ensure that drivers are using the mobile application for track & trace as well as upload of load related documents
- Ensure accurate routing data of all assigned containers within the TMS
- Manage a team of asset and OO Drivers to ensure containers are moved when scheduled
- Work with Yard Management team on inbound/outbound scheduling for optimal yard efficiency
- Work with Customer Success Representatives to determine itinerary for approved shipments
- Provide support for the preparation and clearance of import shipments
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems that delay the release or delivery of cargo
- Continuously improve operational processes to gain efficiencies and reduce issues
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need to Have
- High School diploma/equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on Drayage Dispatch experience
- Understanding of applicable regulations including areas of safety and commercial driver HOS
- Demonstrated ability to perform with grace under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience with industry-standard TMS systems as well as Microsoft productivity software, google suite a plus
- Passion for technology
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.