Front End Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Applications Engineering
This role will be part of a newly formed team(s) for application development and will own the front-end development of all applications in the product portfolio for which their team is responsible. This role offers tremendous career growth within the web discipline with the ability to grow into either a team lead position or a principal engineer position.
Our small development team is growing and each engineer has the ability to make broad impact on the entire engineering organization and its practices. Use modern technology on a team that is eager to adopt leading edge practices. Fast growing company in a hot market. Very well funded, including premier Silicon Valley investors. Minimal legacy code to work on and most development will be greenfield.
What You Will Do
- Utilize your ability to deliver features on both our React and React Native platforms.
- Make API calls and orchestrate, store, and interact with data in Redux.
- Utilize your understanding of the Redux lifecycle to create new actions and change state in Redux
- Make async function calls from within Redux and understand the reasons they are done in Redux
- Utilize and grow a reasonable understanding of Webpack.
- Maintain design consistency as defined by the design team throughout our web and mobile products.
- Work with and develop reusable React components.
- Utilize a full understanding of the React component lifecycle.
- Effectively communicate with product & design and demonstrate incremental progress of the front end to product & design.
- Write front end unit tests.
What You Will Need
- To demonstrate an effective use of web development tooling like Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- To have built production applications in Angular/AngularJS, React/React Native, or Vue.js.
- To demonstrate an ability to manage long-term state in production front end applications.
- To have effectively structured and componentized a production front end application.
- To have formulated a facts-based opinion on the responsibility of a front end application relative to the responsibility of the APIs that the front end application uses.
What You Will Get
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Apple, Google, Unity, C.H. Robinson, Snap, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.