Los Angeles, CA
Finance and Accounting – Finance
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
As our Controller, you will play a key role in the Company’s finance organization. Your contributions will be critical to ensuring the accurate reporting of our consolidated financial and accounting data, revenue recognition, technical accounting research, day-to-day accounting operations, and the sufficiency of the Company’s financial and accounting policies.
You will be responsible for implementing the necessary infrastructure and processes, both within the department and across multiple functions, to ensure successful compliant operations. You’ll have a great opportunity to help drive improvements and build out the accounting team at a high growth tech company. If you are a fearless finance leader, ready to join a hyper growth startup that is working together to disrupt the $800B logistics industry, then we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Direct and manage accounting operations and general ledger to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial statements. Ensure consolidated financial statements are consistent with U.S. GAAP
- Responsible for the Accounting function including general ledger accounting, revenue, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and tax compliance
- Reviews monthly financial statements and trend analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results
- Provide technical accounting leadership on significant accounting transactions. Stay up-to-date on technical guidance relevant to enterprise software industry
- Development and implementation of internal controls and best practices
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Support operating teams and departments in the cost-effective operation of their groups
- Assist with stock option pool, equity management and reporting
- Responsible for training, supervising, developing, motivating and evaluating department staff
- Ability to lead, manage, and execute on special projects as needed within finance and accounting organization and across various Company functions
- Acts as trusted partner and colleague to organization
- Build highly efficient accounting team
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures
What Would Be Ideal
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and CPA license is a plus
- 10+ years of relevant work experience required, with demonstrated progression in roles and responsibilities in finance and accounting
- Directs the establishment and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, procedures and controls for the maintenance of fiscal records and preparation of financial reports
- Extensive technical accounting experience required (e.g., stock-based compensation, revenue recognition, etc.)
- Effective management and supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate Company’s financial results, accounting policies, and procedures in layman’s terms; comfortable interacting with all levels of organization, including C-suite executives, project teams, and department managers
- Strong team orientation and ability to build a first class accounting / finance organization
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits 401k w/ company match
- Explosive career growth
- Vacation and Holidays
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.