Los Angeles, CA
Sales – Sales Development
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
Without capacity, all the sales in the world won’t matter...that’s where you come in. As a NEXT Carrier Sales Rep, you will help us quickly scale our Carrier capacity to guarantee we are able to cover 100% of our Shippers’ loads. You will proactively source new carriers, then manage the relationship with your carriers, increasing their engagement with NEXT over time, while ensuring they are consistently providing capacity at a competitive price point. This role is critical to our success...we look forward to having you on our team!
What You'll Do:
- Develop and grow core/key carriers to provide additional capacity and provide proper utilization of the carrier’s equipment
- Conduct platform demos for carrier companies to secure carrier exclusivity and capacity for specified periods of time
- Train and educate third party carriers on the NEXT Trucking app and platform
- Proactively manage, develop, build, and secure successful shipping and carrier relationships
- Secure available freight in a cost-effective manner; Source and negotiate with carrier base to move available loads
- Work with carrier partners to continually seek new solutions for their logistics challenges
- Qualify new carriers for proper authority, insurance, safety requirements and maintain proper documentation
- Work with operations team to execute a high-level customer service and communicate to solve customer problems
What You'll Have:
- 1+ year in carrier sales or related role at a high volume 3rd-party logistics or Truckload Brokerage/Freight Operation
- Ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of shippers, transportation partners, and internal partners
- Identify and resolve problems in a collaborative manner and offer solutions to clients
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and “broker” truckloads for maximum profit to the company and necessary service to the customer
- Experience in motor carrier negotiation and pricing models, including TL, LTL, Drayage, Dry Van, Flatbed
- Balance team and individual responsibilities, give and welcome feedback, contribute to building a positive team environment
- Demonstrated competency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), web-based software and databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or Transportation preferred or commensurate experience required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bilingual is a plus
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.