Los Angeles, CA
Operations – OTR
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
What You'll Do
- Work with carriers to match shipments
- Support the Account Managers with quotes at best possible rates
- Source, grow and maintain relationships with carriers
- Ensure that carriers perform at the highest level, proactively managing issues
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to ensure that marketplace exceptions are handled effectively
- Track and trace shipments through our mobile and online platforms to ensure on-time delivery and timely availability of load related documentation
- Partner with our Account Managers for account growth
- Maximize driver satisfaction and efficiency
- Be a subject matter expert, and share your knowledge with your peers
- Provide back-up support to the dispatch department
- Support new programs and initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You'll Need to Have
- High School diploma/equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of sales, operations or client facing experience
- Customer service experience (freight, tech industry a plus)
- Understanding of applicable regulations including areas of safety and commercial driver HOS
- Demonstrated ability to perform with grace under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience with industry-standard TMS systems as well as Microsoft productivity software, google suite a plus
- Passion for technology
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Explosive career growth
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.