Senior Data Scientist
Los Angeles, CA
Product – Data Science
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision makers who are transforming the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will formulate new product features and underlying stochastic models, combinatorial optimizations, and transportation algorithms that power the NEXT freight platform and marketplace. You will play a leadership role in growing, optimizing, and instrumenting a real-time, complex dynamic system of software and virtualized real-world assets (trucks, drivers, freight, warehouses, yards, port terminals, etc.) through a period of exponential growth.
What You'll Do
- Partner with a data engineering team in implementing and productionalizing analytical models, and in continually improving a data pipeline and data warehouse.
- Partner with product managers and product designers in synthesizing and prioritizing a product roadmap.
- Help formulate statistical experiments (e.g., product launch A/B tests) and rigorously evaluate their outcomes.
- Instrument the organization, the product, and the business ecosystem. Build analytical dashboards and underlying plumbing, as needed. Manage data analyst(s). Coach and support individuals across the organization, helping to cultivate a decentralized culture of citizen data analysts throughout the organization by evangelizing, coaching, and teaching.
What You'll Have
- 3+ years of data science (and related) experience building and leading teams in fast-paced tech companies.
- Rich and deep understanding of best practices in data science, machine learning, operations research, AI, analytical methods, and applications.
- Basic coding skills (e.g. Python) and familiarity with popular data science tools and libraries.
- Strong communication skills enabling you, for example, to present effectively and explain algorithms and insights to major non-technical stakeholders, including senior executives, board members, and large customers/partners.
- Collaborative team player.
- Data engineering architecture and leadership experience.
- Experience in transportation, logistics, and supply chain industries.
- Experience in venture-backed startups or other hyper-growth environments.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary + Equity + Bonus
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.