Director of Information Systems
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Information Technology
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
Disrupting an industry as large as the US freight industry is complicated work that requires lights out execution across every function in the business. NEXT’s success depends on every organization in the business performing at its peak. In order to accomplish this, every organization requires access to tools and information to make the best decisions as efficiently as possible.
We are looking for a director of information systems to manage and architect our internal systems infrastructure and IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for driving Salesforce, Netsuite, etc. implementations and integrations. Working very closely with leaders throughout the business to define system use cases, interoperability, and best practices. You will also be responsible for leading our corporate IT team.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate and resource internal systems (Netsuite, Salesforce, etc.) implementation, support, and interoperability.
- Define the architecture for how NEXT’s internal systems communicate and lead integration efforts.
- Work with leaders throughout the organization to ensure departmental systems are implemented in a consistent manner and appropriately evolving as we scale.
- Ensure data visibility and accessibility in NEXT’s internal systems, and make that data accessible to NEXT’s data warehouse.
- Lead corporate IT activities; from procurement to new hire experience. Strive to ensure team members have everything they need to be successful.
What You'll Have
- Strong belief in the mission and business opportunity at NEXT
- Agility in learning and working with a variety of disparate corporate systems.
- Capable of understanding the workflows and needs of many different functions throughout NEXT and how their workflows intersect with NEXT’s corporate systems.
- Demonstrable empathy and customer centricty.
- Comfortable with vendor management and negotiation.
- Strong understanding of the intersection business operations and corporate systems.
- Data-driven mindset.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.