Los Angeles, CA
Finance and Accounting – Finance
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
We are hiring our first Finance Manager. This is an opportunity to build our FP&A function from scratch. A few key projects you’ll own from day one are: streamline budgeting process, establish reporting infrastructure, and help select & implement financial systems. Besides being an FP&A whiz; you are articulate, patient, and hungry for rapid career growth. You love managing high-visibility projects and partnering with executives to help drive business results.
What You'll Do
- Thought leadership
- Analysis of industry, business trends, and KPIs for the finance and overall organization
- Forecasting, Budgeting, Reporting
- Prepare revenue forecasts, annual budgets, and long-range plans
- Drive scenario and sensitivity analyses to support company strategy
- Dashboard production and automation
- Spin up ad-hoc dashboards
- Forecasting and budgeting system improvements
- Build a deep understanding of our revenue model
What You'll Have
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in forecasting, financial modeling, analysis, and project management
- Investment banking experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Math (Statistics); MBA preferred
- Experience forecasting 3 statement models
- Understand financial statements and basic accounting principles
- Exceptional project management skills
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Well-versed in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to senior leadership
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong work ethic and ability to work extended hours
- Easily adapt to changing environment and responsibilities based on organizational needs
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
- Flex Hours (we know SoCal traffic)
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.