Los Angeles, CA
People Operations – Human Resources
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an opportunity to be a key contributor to the success of NEXT as we grow. Onsite candidate experience starts with you and employee experience is heavily impacted by you. Your finger is on the pulse of all things NEXT HQ, you ensure best-in-class operations in the present and think strategically to position the office for success in the future. If you want a fast paced and high impact opportunity, we encourage you to apply!
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and monitor office operations
- Create and monitor office procedures
- Understand and anticipate office and employee needs and work to provide solutions
- Revamp our reception system
- Provide reception coverage as needed
- Act as point of contact for vendors, building maintenance and any facilities related issues
- Point of contact for office security
- Create company directory
- Solidify a list of preferred vendors
- Ensure all Next offices have proper supplies
- Build relationships with building management, janitorial, etc.
- Work on internal culture events
What You'll Have
- Experience in successfully managing an office of 50+ people
- Maintained relationships with vendors (supplies, catering, etc.)
- Experience in customer service oriented roles
- Excellent oral, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience dealing with building management
- Strong organization and planning skills with event planning experience preferred
- Preferred experience with maps/office moves/space planning
- Bonus: CPR + First Aid Certified
What You'll Receive
- Competitive salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.