Sr. Brand & Communications Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Marketing – Marketing
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
It is an exciting time at NEXT—with a full product pipeline and an innovative new business model, the company needs a branding and communications expert to join the marketing team to continue building the NEXT brand and create and lead our integrated communications strategy. A seasoned marketing pro, the Sr. Brand & Communications Manager will be as comfortable rolling their sleeves up to produce content for inbound lead-gen campaigns as they are building and driving an integrated communications strategy to elevate and protect the NEXT brand. The role will manage NEXT’s media relations, content generation (including video), branded collateral, events marketing and speaking engagements, and employer brand initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Design and execute end-to-end communications strategy across diverse audiences to spur engagement/sales, build positive brand affinity, establish leadership credibility, and increase media share-of-voice without sacrificing quality
- Identify and develop story angles around the drayage/trucking industry, product/tech, partnerships, and employer brand for distribution across earned, owned, and social channels; establish NEXT as the thought leader in the drayage and trucking space
- Oversee media relations, including building strong relationships with top trade, tech, investor press and regularly pitch for and secure coverage in print, audio, and television to increase brand visibility and awareness
- Own the NEXT editorial calendar, ensuring a robust pipeline of compelling (and directly producing, when necessary) content across mediums and platforms
- Own video and OOH branding initiatives, including production and campaign management
- Partner with NEXT’s People & Culture team to define and execute employer brand strategy, establishing NEXT as the employer of choice in Southern California
- Identify and manage events marketing opportunities for branding and acquisition, including sponsorships, speaking, and other participation opportunities
- Oversee design and production of branded materials for internal stakeholders and the public –e.g., sales collateral, promotional merchandise, signage
- Develop guidelines for and enforce NEXT brand consistency, serving as the gatekeeper for corporate visual brand identity and voice
What You'll Have
- Proven track record of building and scaling B2B brands, including managing teams; startup experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7+ years of related experience in marketing, brand management, PR/communications, media relations, project management
- Minimum 5+ years’ direct experience managing social media, video, OOH campaigns
- Extensive experience producing, curating, and editing diverse content across channels
- Expert communication skills required, including both oral and written –specifically professional business writing and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with design, video production, and publishing software a plus (e.g., Photoshop, Final Cut, etc.)
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary, bonus, equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.