Events Marketing Associate
Los Angeles, CA
Marketing – Marketing
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
NEXT is looking to disrupt an $800B logistics industry! It is an exciting time at NEXT—with a full product pipeline and an innovative new business model, the company needs an events marketing pro to join the marketing team to conceptualize, plan, and execute impactful events to build our brand and attract the best talent.
What You'll Do
- Work with leadership to establish NEXT’s event marketing strategy for multiple stakeholders, including clients and the industry, prospective candidates, and internal teams
- Own the entire event process, beginning with creative ideation and developing proposals all the way through to project management and event execution
- Source and make strategic recommendations on venues, experiential elements, décor, and third-party vendors
- Lead client kickoff calls and project communications with professionalism and confidence
- Provide logistical and on-ground support for larger events and activations
- Initiate and maintain vendor, sponsor, and vendor relationships
- Liaise with the executive team, Sales, Talent Acquisition, HR, and Design
- Create and supervise event budgets and project timelines
What You'll Have
- 3+ years of professional event experience
- Established relationships with Los Angeles venues and vendors
- Understanding and genuine interest in public relations and communications
- Proficiency with Office required; proficiency with design software a plus
- Significant experience with creating compelling decks and proposals
- Exceptional creative and conceptual abilities in the event space
- Able to lead meetings and conference calls with clients and third-party vendors
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and oversee multiple assignments and ever-changing properties
- Able to travel overnight and work on evenings/weekends, as necessary
- Able and willing to lift up to 30lbs
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.