Pricing Manager, Brokerage
Los Angeles, CA
Operations – Brokerage
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
As our Pricing Manager, you will work cross functionally across the business to act as the centralized resource for costing and pricing decisions. You will have strong knowledge in Truckload and Brokerage pricing, rating tools and a deep knowledge of supply chain management. You will use this knowledge along with strong analytical skills to make data-driven decisions that will allow for strategic volume and revenue growth. You will work with leadership team on pricing policies and systems that lead to higher gross profit while supporting our value prop to our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire, grow, mentor and build trust with your team (both day and night reps)
- Work cross functionally with teams across the business to align with company priorities
- Define monthly goals and KPIs for your team
- Oversee the successful matching of shipments by monitoring the Dashboard
- Tracking and tracing
- Uploaded PODs
- Monitor DialPad phone usage
- Manage operations and be the point of contact for after hours Ops Reps
- Positively influence driver behavior
- App usage
- On-time performance
- Consistently find solutions to complex industry issues
- Source new carriers, develop and manage carrier relationship
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and proven successful at leading teams
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Freight, tech and startup experience (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and solve customers and drivers issues in a polite and professional manner
- Google Suite experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Critical thinking skills a must
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.