Los Angeles, CA
People Operations – Human Resources
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About the Role:
The success of NEXT depends on the success of drivers, both externally and internally. To ensure driver success, a lot of moving parts have to be managed at a fast pace - pay, scheduling, issue resolution, customer feedback, safety, etc. This opportunity is perfect for someone that can move quickly while making sound decisions, has an understanding of/passion for working with drivers, can set them up for success with the business while meeting business goals, and can ensure they are on track as individuals and as a group.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that Operations has the drivers and assets required to complete drayage/OTR plans.
- Work with Dispatch and CSR’s to ensure drivers are preplanned, assets are utilized, and driver pay is maximized.
- Manage to highest possible driver performance. Review and take disciplinary action as necessary.
- Be NEXT’s driver advocate in everything you do. Be amicable, genuine and supportive with drivers on a personal and professional level and drive resolution with other departments to solve their problems.
- Coordinate with drivers, staff and management to hold meetings and resolve issues.
- Assure DOT compliance and administration of all reporting procedures and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Communicate any specific customer needs to drivers based on information provided by Operations Group.
- Coordinate with Fleet Manager to ensure completion of preventative maintenance and repairs to trucks within the fleet.
- Management and oversight of all driver-related subjects including but not limited to, driver operations, safety, compliance, vacation/home-time, employee relations, customer service claims, and breakdown.
- Assist as needed with respect to HR-led initiatives, including but not limited to, submitting documents to payroll, issuance of disciplinary action, and general communication between drivers and management.
- Additional duties may be assigned, depending on the needs of the business.
- Keep abreast with latest technologies to enhance company output.
What You'll Have
- General experience in the trucking industry.
- Proficient in general computer software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of FMSCA Hours of Service and Compliance.
- Strong time management skills and able to prioritize effectively.
- A proven leader and team player, dependable, consistent, and reliable.
- Experience in driver management or dispatch background.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.