Operations – Infrastructure
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process. NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Google, Youtube, Airbnb, Amazon, Snap, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
As the Equipment Manager, you’ll be responsible for the company assets needed for the performance of our business. These include our yards, trucks, chassis, and trailers. You’ll apply best practices to ensure that the assets are in line with our rapid business growth and cost targets. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that our company drivers enjoy a great and safe place to work.
What You'll Do
- Manage Yard strategy, growth, oversight and utilization, including owned yards, temporary yards, and multiple warehouses and associated staff
- Plan and manage core assets including trucks, chassis, and trailer procurement both short and long term
- Oversee and retain +100 drivers including safety, attendance, bonus in concert with HR
- Manage to highest driver satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Attract, lead, and grow operational staff including drivers, yard / warehouse, safety, compliance, and security personnel
- Collaborate with sales, operations teams, and finance on cost models
- Create requirements for operational optimization and systems improvements
- Contribute to overall drayage and OTR company strategy and tactical implementation
What You'll Need to Have
- 10+ years of relevant experience in operations management with a focus on logistics and supply chain management
- P&L Management with a focus on Asset profitability
- Six-sigma or lean production certification
- Hands-on experience with continuous improvement
- 5+ years of people management experience with teams larger than 50 people
- Familiarity with OSAH rules and regulations
- Early-stage start-up experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform with grace under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary, bonus, equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.