Dispatcher, Marketplace - Drayage
Operations – Marketplace
NEXT is looking for a ROCKSTAR Dispatcher to join our drayage team! You will have the opportunity to be close to the action of the LA/Long Beach Port. You will be the champion for our team of company drivers and ensure drayage operations are going smooth. Are you the master multi-tasker? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Are you a quick learner that is process oriented? If what you just read sounds like you, we want you to join us in disrupting an $800B industry! This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a stellar team and a company with endless growth and opportunity.
What You'll Do
- Ensure accurate routing data of all assigned containers within Profit Tools
- Utilize various Port Terminal websites/software to schedule pick up and termination of containers
- Manage a team of company Drivers to ensure containers are moved when scheduled
- Work with Yard Management team on inbound/outbound scheduling for optimal yard efficiency
- Work with Operations Representatives to determine itinerary for approved shipments
- Provide customer service duties pertaining to the preparation and clearance of import shipments.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems that delay the release or delivery of cargo.
What You'll Need to Have
- High School diploma/equivalent, Bachelor's preferred
- One and half years or more experience in Drayage Dispatch experience
- Strong customer service, organization, communication (written/oral) skills. proficient computer skills
- Passion for technology
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits 401k w/ company match
- Explosive Career Growth
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Dog Friendly Office
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.