Events Marketing Associate
Los Angeles, CA
Marketing – Marketing
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
NEXT is looking to disrupt an $800B logistics industry! It is an exciting time at NEXT—with a full product pipeline and an innovative new business model, the company needs an events marketing pro to join the marketing team to conceptualize, plan, and execute impactful events to build our brand and attract the best talent.
What You'll Do
- Work with leadership to establish NEXT’s event marketing strategy for multiple stakeholders, including clients and the industry, prospective candidates, and internal teams
- Own the entire event process, beginning with creative ideation and developing proposals all the way through to project management and event execution
- Source and make strategic recommendations on venues, experiential elements, décor, and third-party vendors
- Lead client kickoff calls and project communications with professionalism and confidence
- Provide logistical and on-ground support for larger events and activations
- Initiate and maintain vendor, sponsor, and vendor relationships
- Liaise with the executive team, Sales, Talent Acquisition, HR, and Design
- Create and supervise event budgets and project timelines
What You'll Have
- 3+ years of professional event experience
- Established relationships with Los Angeles venues and vendors
- Understanding and genuine interest in public relations and communications
- Proficiency with Office required; proficiency with design software a plus
- Significant experience with creating compelling decks and proposals
- Exceptional creative and conceptual abilities in the event space
- Able to lead meetings and conference calls with clients and third-party vendors
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and oversee multiple assignments and ever-changing properties
- Able to travel overnight and work on evenings/weekends, as necessary
- Able and willing to lift up to 30lbs
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.