Director, Operations - Over the Road (OTR)
Los Angeles, CA
Operations – OTR
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
As the Director, OTR (Over The Road business), you’ll be responsible for the execution of the OTR services provided by NEXT. These include FTL, LTL, as well as drayage for Intermodal. Our business serves lanes across the US. You’ll apply best practices to ensure customer expectations and are met and exceeded. In addition, you’ll be responsible for maximizing our marketplace opportunity, as well as P&L for owned assets. Innovation is a core practice at NEXT and infuses everything we do. You’ll be leading the charge for continuous improvement across your disciplines, applying lean methods and processes.
What You'll Do
- Own the OTR Operations strategy and tactical implementation
- Attract, lead, and grow an Operations team focused on providing world-class service to OTR shippers
- Maximize opportunity for NEXT’s marketplace participants
- Plan for and maximize utilization for core assets and teams including trucks, trailers, drivers, and staff
- Identify and rationalize market opportunities across clients, lanes, and services
- Create optimized and scalable business processes and define systems requirements to handle ongoing expansion
- Fully instrument and report the OTR business to provide transparency and insight to the company from tactical reports to executive dashboard views
- Apply lean/six-sigma methods and processes for continuous as well as quantum improvements
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Finance team
What You'll Have
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Operations Management with a focus on logistics and supply chain management, preferably in the OTR business sector
- Experience with OTR brokerage and owned assets
- P&L Management
- Experience in Marketplace operations management
- Six-sigma or lean production certification
- Hands-on experience with continuous improvement
- 5+ years of people management experience with teams larger than 50 people
- Familiarity with OSAH rules and regulations
- Early stage start-up experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform with grace under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated experience creating systems and integration requirements, including Salesforce and enterprise billing systems
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary, bonus, equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Casual work environment
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.