Director of Drayage
Los Angeles, CA
Operations – Drayage
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
Our Director of Drayage will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations including processes, KPIs, reporting, improvements and most importantly, our employees. You are a strategic leader and know how to effectively manage Operations at a macro and micro level so we can continue to grow, scale and be profitable. You will develop and manage KPIs to streamline and optimize team performance according to SLAs and policies. This role will report to the VP of Ops with our CEO being the interim.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and oversee transportation operations that include drayage marketplace and CDL drivers
- Support the company strategy including growth and transformative initiatives
- Develop operational strategies to align with company goals and ensure goals are met
- Provide leadership and create an environment that fosters passion, teamwork and agility within the organization
- Build and sustain long-term client relationships
- Support local, regional and national sales initiatives by partnering with VP of Sales to deliver a high level of client focus to business initiatives
- Develop and implement an operations strategy tailored to our client that identifies opportunities to improve cost control and margin improvement and will lead to organic growth
- Establish solid business relationships with supporting departments including but not limited to: Engineering, Recruiting, Sales, and Finance
- Work with Product Team to determine drayage product strategies and roadmap
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in supply chain and logistics environment
- 5+ years as an executive leader managing multiple fast growing operations
- Experience with transportation, drayage, intermodal
- Experience in a tech vertical
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s degree required and Masters a plus!
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Demonstrated planning, project management, problem-solving techniques and analytical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach, and influence employees
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.