Los Angeles, CA
Operations – General Operations
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
What You'll Do
- Empty Broadcast 1st and 2nd shift
- Screenshots of terminal websites, no appointments, terminal schedule
- On-hire all empty equipment with all sslines
- Route all empties 1st and 2nd shift
- Pre-gates at PCT & PIER A
- Assist dispatch with any on-hires/empty refusals/return locations
- Street Turns (my department will need to handle for per diem purposes)
- Empty yard checks and sending dispatch team daily reports of empties that need to be terminated ASAP.
- Assist me with any clerical duties involving per diem.
- Putting empties on empty ready (I need to take this task away from CS asap)
- Customer/SSL chassis splits
- Dry run approvals
What You'll Need to Have
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task but also prioritize tasks in a high-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and share job duties when needed (team oriented)
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Office
What You'll Receive
- Competitive salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.