Inside Sales Rep
Los Angeles, CA
Sales – Carrier Sales
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
As our Inside Sales Rep, you will make outbound calls to potential Carriers who can help our shippers move freight across the US where efficiency, transparency and customer satisfaction is our motivation. You will qualify prospective carriers by asking questions, understanding their business strategy and capacity. You will also educate them on NEXT’s tech platform to determine if this is a good match for our services. This will be a mix of high volume phone calls and outbound email communication so delivering a positive experience is critical for our future carriers. This position will report to the Head of Carrier Sales.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet (or exceed) monthly targets in signing-up qualified carriers and making sure they successfully start hauling freight
- Maintain active communication with carriers by sending timely targeted materials to nurture the relationships and move them forward
- High number of daily outbound calls, texts, and emails to acquire new carriers
- Drive awareness into existing lead prospect base through ongoing nurture via email and call campaigns
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover business challenges
- Record prospect information in CRM database
What You’ll Need (basics):
- 1+ years in sales, sales development or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tech savvy
- Motivated by individual and team achievement
- Highly organized with ability to work in fast-paced environment
What Else We’re Looking For:
- A top performer at whatever you’ve set your mind to
- One of the fastest learners around
- Someone who’s coachable, hungry to learn more, and takes feedback well
- Positive mental attitudes and have seriously high standards
- Experiences in crushing quotas (if applicable) or crushing in other areas of life
- Making cold calls using our script within the first week on the job
- Signing-up carriers the first week on the job
- Achieving 70% of fully ramped quota in your first 45 days, achieving 100% of quota within the first 90 days
What You'll Receive:
- An opportunity to join a company that is disrupting an old school industry and continuing to make it successful.
- Our growth and success in 2019 will be directly related to building our carrier base and marketplace and you would be a part of that success!
- The ability to be an instrumental element to growing and scaling NEXT.
- Career growth!
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary and commission
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Casual work environment
- Vacation and Holidays
- Dog friendly office
- “Remote friendly”
- Flex Hours (we know SoCal traffic)
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.