Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Platform Engineering
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
About The Role:
- As a Software Development Engineer in Test on our Platform team, you will play a vital role in developing the frameworks and processes that will help us ensure product quality while maintaining a high-velocity release cadence. You will develop the testing platform and tooling to empower our application development teams to validate their product domains. In addition to developing and working with best-in-class testing tools and frameworks, you will also be an evangelist for quality across our entire product development organization.
What You'll Do
- Develop test automation frameworks for our entire stack (web, mobile, backend)
- Integrate test solutions with our build/release pipeline
- Educate the engineering organization on test frameworks and best practices
- Develop and maintain metrics for test coverage and overall product quality
- Work closely with other engineering teams to identify gaps in our testing capabilities and implement solutions
What you'll have
- 2+ years of test automation development experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with mobile test frameworks, such as Appium
- Experience with load testing frameworks, such as Gatling
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks, such as Cypress, TestCafe, Selenium/WebDriver
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and specifically how they relate to testing
- Experience with a cloud computing environment such as AWS
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.