Dispatcher, Drayage (Bilingual Chinese)
Operations – Drayage
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
As our bilingual (Chinese) Drayage Dispatcher you will be the main point of contact for our dispatching team. You have experience in Drayage and/or Intermodal companies. You are someone that adapts quickly and displays effective problem solving skills for our drivers. This is a very fast-paced environment and you must be able to stay ahead of the curve.
What You’ll Do:
- Assign loads and monitor freight movement to provide safe, on-time service
- Route trucks and schedule day to day operations in and out of the ports
- Negotiate rates with carrier partners to achieve acceptable or above target profitability numbers
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce issues that come with last minute schedule changes
- Keep track of trucks via an online tracking system
What You’ll Need:
- 1+ years of Drayage dispatch and tracking experience
- Fluent in English and Cantonese or Mandarin (required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable with L.A. and LBC Ports and Terminals
- Must be willing to work night shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and solve customers and drivers issues in a polite and professional manner
- Experience with Profit Tools highly desirable
- Familiar with Google Drive & Google Sheets
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Explosive career growth
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.