Manager, Customer Service - Drayage
Operations – Drayage
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
As the Customer Service Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of drayage customer service representatives. You will work closely between multiple departments to ensure timely and proper delivery of products through our NEXT app. You will help our team provide world class service. You will help the team build out processes and procedures surrounding customers, software, and shipments.
What You'll Do
- Help foster growth of a growing CSR team
- Analyze data to understand our operational performance and areas for improvement
- Work closely across the team to measure the impact and efficiency of business processes
- Be a stellar multi-tasker
- Develop and optimize processes
- Work with CSR team to review upcoming and available shipments and determine viability for placement on the NEXT app
- Oversee customer service duties pertaining to the preparation and clearance of import shipments
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems that delay the release or delivery of cargo
- Maintain relationships with correspondent brokers and other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customer’s service requirements
What You'll Have
- 1+ years managing a team
- 1 ½+ years experience in Drayage CSR experience
- Understanding of DOT regulations
- Experience with dispatching of drayage, cartage, Truckload, or Less-than-Truckload freight
- Strong customer service, organization, communication (written/oral) skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Passion for technology
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.