Operations Representative - Drayage (Night Shift)
Operations – Drayage
NEXT is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Uber, Amazon, Snap, Kareo, GoFundMe, CH Robinson and JB Hunt. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
We are hiring an Operations Representative to help contribute and support our growth.
What You'll Do:
- Maintaining Existing and New Customers by following SOP’s
- Develop Business Relationships with Customers and Steamship Lines
- Become the Subject Matter Expert with in regards to handling: Drayage, transportation needs for specific Accounts/Customers, and transportation management systems
- Provide backup as support to dispatch department
What You'll Need:
- Must be willing to work night shift
- 1 year of Drayage dispatch and tracking experience
- Knowledgeable with L.A. and LBC Ports and Terminals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and sold customers and drivers issues in a polite and professional manner.
- Experience with Profit Tools highly desirable
- Familiar with Google Drive & Google Sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation and Holidays
- Dog friendly office
- Explosive career growth
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.