Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Project Management
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
At NEXT we focus on hypothesis drive lean product development with small, rapidly iterative projects; striving to minimize waste, work-in-progress and disposable artifacts; and continuous delivery - we are looking for an Agile Coach to help turn this organizational focus into an organizational specialization!
As an Agile Coach at NEXT, you will act as an evangelist, educator, and practitioner of Lean and Agile product development practices to elevate the delivery efficacy of NEXT’s technology teams. You will work with a rapidly growing organization of cross-functional Agile teams to mature, instrument, and continuously improve NEXT’s SDLC, to help the teams achieve extraordinary results.
Agile Coaches at NEXT possess a passion for lean practices. That passion manifests as a deep understanding of what it takes to release the potential energy stored in a team of highly motivated and engaged product managers and engineers to build amazing experiences at scale while minimizing waste. That passion also shines through as an educator to help team members embrace an agile mindset and values, deliver planning excellence, and create transparency & visibility.
This role is critical for enabling NEXT to scale rapidly while maintaining delivery of customer experiences and technology at a high velocity by coaching team members to maintain an adaptable mindset supported by procedural and tool-based support.
What You'll Do
- Create frameworks for continuous improvement, transparency, delivery velocity, and waste elimination, and educate the team on how to best implement the frameworks.
- Evangelize a build, measure, learn, iterate mindset; along with the tools to support this mindset.
- Develop a culture of continuous learning and self-reflection to allow for the product development organization to be capable of absorbing the changes emergent from a rapidly growing organization.
- Leverage tooling to help cross-functional teams create transparency and visibility into their work.
- Help identify and clear dependencies between teams.
What You'll Have
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7 years of project or program management experience, with at least 4 years in a coaching capacity.
- Experience in evolving agile practices in a rapidly growing organization with a geographically distributed team.
- Strong soft skills with a demonstrable ability to wield soft influence.
- Highly effective communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with deeply technical resources, and proven ability to negotiate cross-functionally.
- Comfortable switching, as needed, between the roles of a servant leader, mentor, facilitator, teacher, partner, and hands-on expert.
- Expansive understanding of Jira structure and best practices to effectively support various types of agile implementations.
- SAFe 4.0 Scaled Agile certification and/or prior experience in rolling out of SAFe.
- Agile certifications in one or more practices (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc).
- Professional experience as a software engineering.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.