Vice President, Product
Los Angeles, CA
Product – Product Management
We’re NEXT: a Sequoia-backed startup on a mission to build the country’s largest (and happiest) virtual fleet. Our mobile app powers the first trucker-centric marketplace with smart technology designed to make it easy for shippers to find capacity and for drivers to find loads; beyond long-haul trucking, we're also using technology to tackle supply chain challenges more broadly by innovating solutions for drayage and port operations. Since our founding in 2015, our 15K drivers have moved over $50 billion in cargo –and we’re just getting started.
If you are the humble, gritty, passionate, collaborative, entrepreneurial type who thrives in a fast-paced growing tech company, come join us as we revolutionize the $800 billion trucking industry. We have big ambitions and are looking for people who want to help us take logistics to the NEXT level!
As NEXT’s VP, Product you’ll build a world-class product and design team capable of delivering amazing product experiences to both internal and external customers. You’ll work closely with product marketing and other internal stakeholders to build go-to market strategies relative to Next’s strategic vision. You’ll empower product & design teams to deliver and champion solutions for drivers and shippers that will change the transportation industry forever.
What You’ll Do
- Build a world-class product and design team capable of delivering amazing product experiences to both internal and external customers.
- Develop a product strategy aligned with broader company wide strategy.
- Operationalize the product team to deliver against the team’s strategic roadmap.
- Demonstrate customer & driver centricity through robust product discovery practices.
- Closely with product marketing and other internal stakeholders to build go-to market strategies relative to Next’s strategic vision.
What You’ll Need to Have
- Approximately 10+ years experience leading product teams.
- Meaningful experience setting product vision and delivering results.
- Experience with venture-backed tech companies, in addition to midsize and enterprise.
- A startup mindset; and the ability to effectively manage both up and down.
- The ability to hire and retain top talent.
- STEM degrees are preferred.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive base salary, bonus, equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Dog friendly office
- Explosive career growth
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.