Senior Software Engineer - Applications
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Applications Engineering
We’re NEXT: a Sequoia and Brookfield-backed tech company digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. We're on a mission to build the country’s largest (and happiest) virtual fleet, by replacing the pain in freight transportation with transparency, consistency, and comfort for shippers and drivers.
Our mobile app powers the first trucker-centric marketplace designed to make it easy for shippers to find capacity and for drivers to find loads. We’ve built powerful drayage operations and strategic partnerships to ultimately transform port operations - first in Los Angeles, then the world. Since our founding in 2015, our drivers have moved over $50B in cargo with NEXT – and we’re just getting started.
To support our goals we are building out new product focused application development teams. These teams will help inform the road-map in their area of ownership and own the technical output. We expect our engineers to have empathy for our user base and be able to collaborate with their peers across the organization including product and operations.
As a full stack engineer on the team you will apply your craft to help grow the business and improve the end user experience. Hopefully, you are up for the challenges of greenfield development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and build MVP's to validate ideas quickly
- Build out solutions that merit deeper investments
- Produce technical designs for larger initiatives
- Collaborate with product to help craft the technical road-map
- Level up your peers and junior members of the team
- Provide insights and guidance on initiatives
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 7+ years of full stack production engineering experience.
- Be motivated by time sensitive opportunities and project ownership
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
If you are a humble, passionate, collaborative, entrepreneurial type who thrives in a dynamic and fast growing tech company, and want to work with a team from some of the world's top tech and freight companies as we revolutionize the $800B trucking industry - come join the movement.
We have big ambitions, the capital, the mandate, and (with your help) the means to accomplish them.
Next Trucking Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary and Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $125M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Apple, Google, Unity, AirBnB, Snap, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.