Software Engineer Lead (Applications)
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Platform Engineering
This role will be part of a newly formed team(s) for application development. Leading full-stack development of all applications in their product portfolio. As the company continues to grow opportunities for broader management responsibilities will emerge and lead engineers will be in the position to step into those new roles. Fast growing company in a hot market. Very well funded, including premier Silicon Valley investors. Minimal legacy code to work on and most development will be greenfield.
What will you do?
- Effectively manage a team of engineers (front-end and back-end) to deliver new product features.
- Work closely with product to design and build technology solutions to business problems.
- Accurately Estimate projects and manage stakeholder expectations around delivery timelines to balance delivery velocity with building architecturally consistent solutions.
- Ensure the quality of the delivered projects is high through unit and integration testing and consistent to our architectural best practices.
- Leverage continuous delivery tooling to be deploying to production every day.
- Work cross functionally within engineering to identify challenges with the platform architecture or cloud infrastructure to ensure the application development teams can complete work with minimal friction from the platform.
What we hope you have done:
- Managed the development and delivery of software via an agile team, working closely with product.
- Mentored and developed more junior engineers.
- Shown the ability to identify challenges within a development team and are comfortable coming up with effective solutions.
- With extensive experience reviewing code and providing feedback to the engineering team through pull requests.
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $900B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Apple, Google, Unity, C.H. Robinson, Snap, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.