Software Engineer - Data Team
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Data Engineering
As a founding member of our Data Platform Team you'll have a meaningful and lasting impact on our data science practice. You should have a passion for the craft of software development; and a track record of delivering exceptional technical solutions in a fast-paced high growth software company. You thrive in a startup where every individual has a significant impact on the technology, is empowered to make decisions and get things done.
Tech: AWS, MySQL, React/Native, Java Microservices, Kafka, Continuous Delivery, and Dark Deploy.
The Mission of our Data Platform Team is to
- Build large scale fault tolerant data collection and processing pipelines from the ground up.
- Develop software services that leverage data and machine learning to drive business; and improve customer satisfaction within our flagship products.
- Identify and leverage third party data feeds to improve our overall data offerings.
- Motivated by a sense of urgency, ownership, and getting things done.
- About 3 years of experience developing commercial grade software.
- Cross domain experience with AWS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical team members.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science.
- Strong sense of customer empathy.
Next Trucking Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Apple, C.H. Robinson, Snap, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.