Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
HomeToGo – HTG Back-end /
NFQ is a core technology partner for HomeToGo – a dedicated team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals. We are expanding HomeToGo’s technology team in Lithuania and are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
HomeToGo is the marketplace with the world's largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo operates localized apps & websites in 25 countries across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Agriturismo.it, AMIVAC, Casamundo, CaseVacanza.it, e-domizil, EscapadaRural, Tripping.com and Wimdu.
We are actively seeking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer (PHP) to join our global Operations Systems team under the FinOps division. In this role, you will engage with modern technologies including Symfony, MariaDB, Snowflake, Redis, RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes and more. Additionally, this position offers a unique opportunity to gain deep insights into industry-leading platforms like Salesforce and SAP. You will be collaborating closely with our business teams to design and implement innovative solutions that drive our business forward.
In this role, you will
- Work hand in hand with business stakeholders to comprehend the overall project scope, understand key business objectives and goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals, ensure the project's scalability, reliability, and security within agreed timelines
- Proactively identify and resolve issues, report potential project risks, and take appropriate mitigation measures
- Take ownership of the dedicated area and be responsible for the final results
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encourage innovation, and drive operational efficiency, follow common engineering best practices
What you will bring
- 5+ years of experience in developing systems using PHP
- Significant experience with enterprise MVC frameworks, ideally Symfony
- Strong SQL and data organization skills, with expertise in MySQL/MariaDB
- Comprehensive understanding of OOP principles and design patterns
- Ability to problem-solve effectively and deliver technical solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional collaboration skills, with a focus on knowledge sharing and learning from others
- Fluent English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin
Salary range: € 4500 - 7500 gross / month
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Linkedin
Check all our career opportunities here.