Software Engineer (Front-end)
HomeToGo – HTG Front-end /
HomeToGo: a company built around the idea of finding the ideal accommodation for every trip. In just six years since its founding, the company has expanded and now operates 23 localized websites in Europe, America, and the Asia-Pacific region. It has become the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, with brands like CASAMUNDO & Tripping. With over 18 million vacation rental offers worldwide from more than 1,300 travel websites like Airbnb, Booking.com, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, and more, we make finding and booking a vacation rental easier than ever!
We're accommodation decision & checkout team. a.k.a ACDC. We are responsible for providing users with a smooth and simple checkout experience.
In cooperation with our UX designers, Data Scientists and Backend engineers you’ll be crafting and iterating on a rich, responsive, insight fuelled UI. You will be trusted and empowered to implement new features and improve already existing ones. You will have the ability to learn from A/B test findings and thus, get inspired to test new hypotheses and ideas and observe measurable impact.
ACDC is looking for a creative, innovative and keen to learn new skills developer. Let’s rock together!
In this role, you will
- Develop new user-facing features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Write “clean”, well-designed code and follow best practices
- Develop for both mobile and desktop with a “mobile first” mentality
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Use good critical judgment and common sense
What you will bring
- Excellent JS, HTML and CSS programming skills
- Proficiency with modern Front-end tools: TypeScript, React, Redux etc.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, Yarn, etc.
- Experience with behavioral tests (NightWatch, Cypress) preferred, but not essential
- Solid understanding of responsive design and best practices
- Experience on building large scale single-page applications
- Strong technical ability to develop designs into efficient and reusable code
- Knowledge of version control system Git
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team.
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities.
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 2600-5000 EUR gross.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Linkedin.
All our career opportunities are listed here