Senior Software Engineer (PHP) - Search Marketing
HomeToGo – HTG Back-end /
NFQ is a core technology partner for HomeToGo – a dedicated team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals. We are expanding HomeToGo’s technology team in Lithuania and are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
HomeToGo is a marketplace with the world's largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 350 people and manages 23 local apps & websites across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Tripping.com, CASAMUNDO and Wimdu.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (PHP) to join the Search Marketing Engineering team in Kaunas. In Search Engine Marketing team you will mostly work on automating HomeToGo marketing strategy: that includes hundreds of millions of keywords, ad campaigns, bid management, and many others. Keeping track of so much data is very exciting and challenging. The bigger we go, the more complex it gets. Small details become magnified, and even the tiniest errors have a dramatic impact on the final outcome of the project.
We are working with a large and modern tech stack: Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, MariaDB, RocksDB, ColumnStoreDB, Symfony, PHPUnit, Jenkins. Terabytes of data and billions of records every day. We have a lot of external API’s integrations.
In this role, you will
- Work hand-in-hand with stakeholders to refine requirements, dividing work into clear milestones, identifying blockers
- Maintain, upgrade existing systems and resolve complex technical design issues
- Choose adequate technical and business metrics to monitor features and manage the risk
- Mentor, and develop team members and collaborate with them on personal and career growth
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in writing good code with PHP especially with OOP
- Experience with Symfony (or similar framework), PHPUnit (or alternatives), and Git
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment
- Ability to learn new technologies and share your knowledge with others
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Professional working proficiency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 4000-7000 EUR gross
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com or via Linkedin
All our career opportunities are listed here