Software Engineer (PHP)
HomeToGo – HTG Back-end /
HomeToGo: a company built around the idea of finding the ideal accommodation for every trip. In just six years since its founding, the company has expanded and now operates 23 localized websites in Europe, America, and the Asia-Pacific region. It has become the world's largest vacation rental search engine, with brands like CASAMUNDO & Tripping. With over 18 million vacation rental offers worldwide from more than 1,300 travel websites like Airbnb, Booking.com, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, and more, we make finding and booking a vacation rental easier than ever!
Inventory and quality team is responsible for data quality on the HomeToGo ecosystem. Inventory data comes from different sources: 1000 different accommodation rental websites or other internal HomeToGo systems. We are working with large and modern tech stack: Apache Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, MariaDB, RocksDB, Symfony, PhpUnit, Mesos, Marathon, Chronos, Rundeck, Jenkins. We’re processing Terabytes of data and billions of records every day. We are focusing on:
- Price and availability accuracy
- Real-time price and availability requests to external APIs
- New data point integrations into the HomeToGo data structure
- Data update time to production optimisations
- New partners integration
In this role, you will
- Develop, test and implement new features in the team with colleagues and product managers
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Resolving complex technical design issues
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Follow industry best practices
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or implement automated test
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Integrating new partners
What you'll bring
- Deep PHP knowledge
- Proven software development experience in PHP especially with OOP
- Understanding Symfony or similar framework
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment;
- 3+ year experience in web and software development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team.
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities.
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 2600-5000 EUR gross.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Linkedin.
All our career opportunities are listed here